My treat, when enduring a day of shopping with my mum as a child, was always a Millie’s cookie pop. Millie’s cookie pops are smarties cookies made infinitely more cool by the fact they are on a stick.
I have a recipe coming for the original gorgeously soft Millie’s Cookies, but I thought I’d share this one first. I have a friend who loves Millie’s cookies and always makes these when we visit, so last time I visited I got her to write me out her recipe so I could share it with all of you!
The key with a Millie’s Cookie is to keep that gorgeous bit of gooey cookie squidginess and these certainly do.
Hope you enjoy.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C – Fan 170°C
2. Cream the butter and both sugars together in a mixing bowl.
3. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
4. Add the flour and salt and combine until it forms a dough.
5. Take a small handful of dough, roll into a ball, then squash onto a baking tray to make a cookie shape. You want them to be big enough to fit about 6 smarties. Use several baking trays and space these out really well as they expand lots!!
6. Gently push your lollipop stick into the cookie and add 5 or 6 Smarties to each one.
7. Pop them in the oven for around 8 minutes. You want them to just be starting to set and going a teeny bit brown at the very edges. They will look a little bit squidgy and underdone but I promise they will be perfect when they have cooled as they do harden slightly.